Looking for some east coast hockey
I haven't played hockey since I left Ithaca. That is more than 2 years ago. And, I haven't played roller hockey is much much longer than that. This must change! To start with, I had to dump my old roller hockey skates (Micron Mega 10-90 ice skates converted with a roller chassis). They were good for their time, but they weigh a ton and really suck compared to what is available now. I replaced them with a pair of Tour Code-1 skates (Tour - who is that?...I have never heard of them but apparently they make top quality roller hockey skates).
I got a good deal on them so that makes the JB side of me happy. Also, they are strong and light (lots of carbon fiber in there - this makes the nerdie side of my happy:) The 80mm Labeda Genesis wheels will most likely cause me to munch it when I try to stop like I am on ice. I can't wait to look like a jackass out there tripping all over myself! Here are some places to play roller around here:
Inline 1
The Sports Arena
World Gym Setauket
Good sporting good store for hockey stuff:
Plaza Surf n Sports
And what about ice hockey? Is it worth the $25 bucks a game to play? I am going to find out next week at The Rinx. I hope I don't get my ass kicked by all the crazy east coast hockey players that have played since before they could lace up their shoes. And if they play like they drive, I am screwed!
And, how is the 5k training you ask? hahahaha....
No comments:
Post a Comment