2007 AVS Meeting - Seattle, WA - Day 1 - Sunny
This is my first trip to Seattle (that I can remember). The flight from JFK was pretty nice and I got to watch "Back to School" and "Beverly Hills Cop 2." Jet Blue is great for flying because I can watch the tube, but as you get close to Seattle, the view outside is much better.
From the airport, I took the Gray Line Airporter shuttle to downtown with a driver named Roger. Oh man, he couldn't stop talking. But once I got downtown, I got to experience the full weirdness of Seattle at the Public Market (Pike Place Market).
And then, as you are walking around, minding your own business, you see one of the more weird of the weirdos. I guess when the sun comes out in Seattle, they take advantage - or is this normal? 
I also had my first cup of Seattle coffee at Tully's Coffee (Mocha, whip with sugar). I wasn't so impressed, but I am not really a coffee drinker. I am more interested if the McDonalds is better in Seattle. I did walk by the very first Starbucks, but I didn't have anything.
1 comment:
I know that exact view of Mt. Rainer (or which one ist it?), also seen the leftover of Mt.Saint Helens?
The market is great... been there several years ago w Andi, must have been in April 2002.
You must know it, should try Starbucks in Seattle, as it is originated there -- am I right?
Post a Comment