2007 AVS Meeting - Seattle, WA - Day 2 & 3 - Cloudy
On to the t-minus-1 day for my talk in Seattle. Typical cloudy and dreary weather descended upon Seattle which didn't really matter because I spent much of the day in the Convention Center listening to talks. Nothing really eventful happened on Tuesday, so I will jump ahead to 3:00AM early Wednesday morning, where the sick and uneasiness of talk-giving kicks me the hardest.
So, I am scared of alarm clocks, but I set one on my talk day anyway. I will do anything to wake up before the alarm clock goes off just so I don't have to hear that annoying thing while I am sleeping. This makes for a horrible night sleep. And coupled to that, I sign up for the AVS 5k run which at 6:15AM at Green Lake. With my brain in a sleepy knot, I wake up at 3AM, 4:30AM and finally at 5:30AM and get ready for the run. Outside - real Seattle weather - cold, rainy and dark, maybe the sun was up, but I would never know because of all the clouds. The run was actually pretty good and my time was 27:02 (very slow, I took it easy) and second in my age group - yes there were not many people running. I am glad my duckie kept me motivated to not chicken out of running. Here is the gps track of the run:
AVS Meeting 5k Run around Green Lake, Seattle.
I spent the rest of the day (at least till after my talk) with what I will call Seattle vision. Some kind of hazy/cloudy stare with my brain unable to process anything. Then, gave the talk, answered some questions and that was it. No big deal - damn nerves. Then I spent some of the afternoon wandering around Seattle:
Dude making the donutsEveryone one I knew was done with their talks/posters so we could all relax.
Public Market
Fruit Stand
Some nasty cheese
Erhu
View from the back of the market
Another Starbucks picture
At the Tap Room Grill
No comments:
Post a Comment